Squeaky Clean Spinach & Stone-fruit Smoothie:
I know smoothies are pretty simple, but I figured I’d try something new, and it’s HOT this weekend. I’ve always been a little skeptical of putting spinach in smoothies and sort of get turned off by the dark green color of crazy healthy green smoothies. I have to say, it’s pretty good, and adds smoothness to a smoothie that I’m not used to.
Of course since there are five boys all under my age in this house, I had to make a few batches without spinach, which actually tasted pretty good too. Honestly, they’re just scared (as I was) of the dark green color.
Also, a good trick, that might seem sort of obvious with smoothies is to add ice after you’ve mixed all the other ingredients little by little. Makes for the perfect consistency.
Maybe I’d be more healthy if I made myself a fresh fruit smoothie with spinach every morning…
- (2) fresh nectarines (can sub peaches or apricots, if using apricots up to 3-4)
- (1) heaping cup frozen peaches
- (1) large handful packed fresh spinach leaves
- (1) banana
- (1-1.5) cup mango juice (can also sub apricot, peach, or other yellow tropical combo)
- (1) cup ice cubes (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until super smooth – about 1 minute minimum.
Depending on the strength of your blender, the time it takes to properly blend really varies.